This online shop is using cookies to give you the best shopping experience. Thereby for example the session information or language setting are stored on your computer. Without cookies the range of the online shop's functionality is limited.
If you don't agree, please click here.
0 Items in cart:
The shopping cart is empty.
New here at Prophecy Productions?
Sign up now and enjoy the full shopping experience!
"The Queen Is Not Dead" is not your average SPIRITUAL FRONT album, but then again, nothing about the Italian suicidal pop outfit has ever been lukewarm or middle of the road anyway. In fact the eighth studio full-length from the Romans is "a homage to Morrissey's and Johnny Marr's legendary hymns of unquestionable beauty", according to Simone Salvatori. The band's founder and frontman claims THE SMITHS as a major musical inspiration for every member of SPIRITUAL FRONT. The Italians recorded the album with the explicit aim to pay a respectful homage yet at the same time to stay away from cloning. Across fifteen cover tracks, which many consider sacred, the Italians stayed true to the original recordings, while pulling those songs closer to the sonic world of SPIRITUAL FRONT for example by adding strings and horn parts. Salvatori and his fellow band members, guitarist Francesco Conte and Andrea Freda on drums, are joined by bass player Daniele Raggi, a string sextet and a horn player as well as a plethora of contributions by friends, among others including vocalist Durga McBroom (PINK FLOYD, BLUE PEARL), Riccardo Galati, Filippo Marcheggiani (BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO), Michal Stepien (MGŁA), Jairo Zavala (CALEXICO), King Dude, Traci Danielle (MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT), Riccardo Spilli (IL BALLETTO DI BRONZO) and Sasha Boole (ME AND THAT MAN). Formed in 1999 as the solo project of Salvatori, SPIRITUAL FRONT have since released numerous full-length albums, singles, EPs and collaborations. The Italians describe their sound as "catchy ballads for heartbreaker nihilist youth". Lyrically, SPIRITUAL FRONT have dealt with themes such as searching for self-identity, sexuality, harsh realities and angry break-ups, which are often tinted with sarcasm, nihilism, and a biting sense of humour. Furthermore, the Italians have collaborated with renowned artists such as LYDIA LUNCH, ORDO ROSARIUS EQUILIBRIO, and many others, while also contributing to the soundtracks of the TV series "Las Vegas" and the motion picture "Saw 2" as well as further independent films, theatre productions, and modern ballet. SPIRITUAL FRONT are paying a heartfelt tribute to THE SMITHS, who have accidentally composed the soundtrack of their lives, forever bonding their greatest emotions to notes and words.
01. Still Ill
03. There is a Light That Never Goes Out
04. How Soon is Now?
05. This Charming Man
06. Girl Afraid
08. Bigmouth Strikes Again
09. Girlfriend in a Coma
10. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
11. Barbarism Begins at Home
12. What Difference Does It Make?
13. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
14. Shoplifters of the World Unite
15. The Queen is Dead
Bonus CD (only artbook):
01. The Queen is Dead (Orchestral Version)
02. Ask (Acoustic alt. version)
03. Bigmouth Strikes Again (Acoustic alt. version)
04. What Difference Does It Make? (Orchestral Version)
05. Barbarism Begins at Home (Strings version)
06. Shoplifters of the World Unite (Acoustic alt. version)
07. Girl Afraid (Main theme)
08. Panic (Acoustic alt. version)
09. There is a Light That Never Goes Out (Acoustic alt. version)
10. The Boy With the Thorn in His Side (Epilogue)
11. How Soon is Now? (Live in the Etruscan tomb)
Gatefold LP (light green vinyl) with printed inner sleeve, additional 7” single and protection sleeve (300 copies available)
SPKR is a multifaceted, independent media group specializing in the discovery, manufacturing, distribution and presentation of high quality music and art.
• individual shipping costs depending on weight and countryPlease note that we always ship orders completely, meaning all items you order! There are no part shipments!Payment options:
• Via PayPal
• Via credit card (Visa, MasterCard) - Only for regular customers
• Via sofortbanking.de
• Via direct debit (Germany-based and regular customers only)