A meditative dream journey
Cold, urban, stark, escapist - these keywords were often attributed to the music of Lantlôs in the past. Now with the band's fourth album "Melting Sun", many things change on different levels: After Neige's (Alcest) amical departure, Markus Siegenhort is solely responsible for the (by now only clean) vocals and has gathered a complete line-up for the very first time. These changes in personnel go along with a pleasant paradigm shift: Whereas in the past, the sound used to be chill and at times forbidding, "Melting Sun" paints warm, oneiric vistas in bright hues, where dream mingles with reality and all details merge into majestic entities of colour and shape.
Thus, escapism is still essential to Lantlôs' work, albeit under reverse conditions. With their new album, the group has created a meditative dream journey with a perfect visual counterpart in artist Pascal Hauer's impressive illustrations. "Melting Sun" turns out to be a relaxed summer record between Post Metal and Dream Rock that, although it presents the gist of Lantlôs in a new musical form, remains characteristic, profoundly honest and - most of all - enthralling.
- CD in super jewelcase
- Gatefold LP incl. printed inner sleeve and protection sleeve (500 copies)
- CD+DVD artbook (large-size hardcover, 48 pages, 28x28 cm) incl. additional exclusive artworks, bonus track "Melting Sun VII" and bonus DVD with studio documentary (700 copies)
1. Melting Sun I: Azure Chimes
2. Melting Sun II: Cherry Quartz
3. Melting Sun III: Aquamarine Towers
4. Melting Sun IV: Jade Fields
5. Melting Sun V: Oneironaut
6. Melting Sun VI: Golden Mind
Bonus track of the artbook:
7. Melting Sun VII
Gatefold LP (yellow vinyl) with printed inner sleeve and protection sleeve (500 copies)